Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wendy and Reece - 23rd September 2011 {Dandenongs Wedding Photographer}

My very first themed wedding...




Wendy has always been fascinated by her family heritage and holds deep roots to her family, so it was really no surprise that she chose a medieval theme for her wedding at Avalon Castle in Cockatoo.

Reece and Wendy were friends from childhood, lost touch as they grew up, and then found each other (through the wonderful world of facebook) and their relationship sparked. It's clear looking at them that they share a special connection beyond just the excitement of romance, what they share runs deep, and it wasn't just a wedding we were all witness to, it was the beginning of a marriage.

Not long after meeting with me to confirm our booking and secure the date Wendy let me know she had just found out she was pregnant, and as excited as I was (I love babies) I then began to wonder how it would all work out, especially considering the rough ride of a pregnancy that she's had. I think it's fair to say that the pregnancy glow looks good on Wendy, and even though they are only a couple of weeks away from meeting their baby it was fabulous to be able to capture the sweetness of two people deeply in love.

(and I can't wait to meet and photograph their precious little baby...)

but for now... the wedding.






Special mention must be made of Wendy's mum, Shirley. She made all the outfits for the bridal party (including the men) and also her own outfit. Her attention to detail was spectacular, even making Wendy's garter.

















I have to admit, I thought it was very impressive that everyone dressed in theme. Usually you find one or two who don't get in on the fun, but this crowd did a fabulous job. (check out the father of the groom dressed as a knight. classic!)








4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the article. It proved to be really useful for me and I am sure to all the followers here! Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the info. I have been looking for this info for the last few days. Your efforts are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By far one of the better posts I've seen in quite a while. The information is very convincing, it holds your attention too, glad I found the blog. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the resources

    ReplyDelete