Sunday, March 17, 2013

.... the studio ....

Finally I feel like a 'grown up'. I've been in this space now for 4 months and it's feeling more and more like my home away from home. The coffee machine was a must, the rocking chair was my vision from the start, and the natural light bursting in through the stunning windows won me over the minute I viewed the space.
 
There's always a lot to be said for the energy of a creative space, and from the moment I walked in I could just see how it would look... me working and creating gorgeous images, settling babies, parents enjoying a coffee and a bite to eat... and those floor boards... oh sweet heaven, I just had to make it mine.
 
The creative inspiration from the space has been nothing short of exciting, and now... after all these years as a photographer the simple act of having a 'space' has made me feel like 'professional'. I know it seems silly, especially after over 13 years in the industry, but actually having a space to work in has been a long time coming.
 
I no longer do in home sessions unless under exceptional circumstances, (I do still travel interstate and across Victoria for newborn and maternity sessions on specific request.) The fact that I now have one child in school and one child in care for specific days per week, utilising the time available has become my priority. All this said, I am aware of the chaos surrounding getting out of the  house for a newborn session and for this reason session times are  still flexible.
 
Here's the space, where my creativity flows... and some images from some of the first sessions.
 
Welcome to Emily Black Photography H.Q.
 



















No comments:

Post a Comment