Friday, March 16, 2012

Cooper ~ "Babies are such a nice way to start people."

Late in 2011 I photographed Natalie and her gorgeous 'bump'... not long after the session she gave birth to her (not so tiny) baby boy. Meet Cooper, an adorable chubbalicious little man who reminded me of all those cliche' roly poly little cherubs you'd see on a Valentine's Day card.

Maybe it's because my own children were never very cliche' chubby, but there is something that makes me swoon after babies with the "Cabbage Patch" cheeks that make you want to "koochy koo" all over them.

Cooper was around 5 weeks at his newborn session and while I usually prefer newborn sessions around the 7-14 day age, I've found that working with babies at around 4-5 weeks is not entirely out of the question. They are more alert generally and can be a little harder to settle... (Cooper put up a bit of a fight for a while) they can eventually be coaxed into a dream state perfect for some photos.

We modified a few poses to suit his 'style' and had a wonderful session.

Enjoy,
xo













1 comment: