Thursday, December 12, 2013

About the Calendar...

I thought it might be a fun idea to go through the calendar images, month by month, and tell you a bit of the story behind them. Starting with...

January:


Amelia. (5 days old)

I had photographed Amelia's mumma a few weeks earlier as a part of a maternity call out I had done. During the session we chatted about a follow up session at the same location. 

It was shot during the heat of summer, as dusk fell. The tide was out, the rock pools the perfect location. I get such joy from location sessions.

Amelia was a dream, barely stirring and allowing me to capture some images long thought up in my mind. (Which of course then create a whole new array of ideas.) 

There is so much I adore about this image, the reflection, the still and calm, the light, the bird captured flying... This seemed the perfect image for January, summer, warmth and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment